If we think about Mexican gastronomy, it is inevitable to think about tacos. Mexican tacos are one of the most popular recipes in this country, as well as being known worldwide.
As with most Mexican food recipes, there are a multitude of options for how to prepare tacos. On this occasion we will teach you how to do them in the simplest way. The main product is usually meat (beef) or chicken, which is cooked together with the tomato. Once cooked, it is placed inside a corn or wheat tortilla.
To finish, the desired vegetables are added, such as pico de gallo, and of course your favorite sauce cannot be left out. For this to be a simple recipe, it is not necessary to make the tacos with pieces of meat cut into strips, since their cooking process is relatively long.
Ingredients to make 6 tacos
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 500 grams of tomato
- 350 grams of minced beef or chicken
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheese
Ingredients for pico de Gallo
- 1 small spring onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno or chili pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Coriander leaves
- 1/ 2 lime
Once I have the ingredients… How do you prepare a Mexican taco?
- First we will chop the garlic and cook it over a very low heat for a minute, so that it does not take on color
- Then we will add our half kilo of peeled and chopped tomatoes. Once this is done, we will increase the power of the fire and season them with salt and pepper. The tomato will release water, so all this water must evaporate. One has evaporated, we will cook over low heat while we stir it constantly for 5 more minutes, so that it takes on a good flavor.
- While the water evaporates, it is a good time to make the pico de gallo or other vegetables. To make the pico de gallo we will need a bowl where we will put all the finely chopped vegetables necessary for the realization of this vegetable. Add the juice of 1/2 lime or half a lemon and stir. Once removed, let it rest.
- Once the tomato is somewhat cooked, add the meat or chicken, but not before seasoning it with pepper and salt. With a wooden spoon it will be stirred while cooking over high heat, in order to break up the minced meat (in the event that meat has been chosen)
- Once it has been cooked, it is time to Heat one by one the tortillas on both sides in a skillet over medium heat. Then we will put a few tablespoons of the meat mixed with the tomato and garlic on top, we will add a little pico de gallo, and finally we will wrap them giving it the characteristic shape of a taco. To all this you can also add a little grated cheese once the taco is finished.
And in this quick and easy way you have simple and tasty Mexican tacos! You can accompany them with a good guacamole sauce or any other Mexican sauce of your choice.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that authentic tacos are made of shredded meat that is left to cook together with the tomato for more than two hours.
So if you want to try tacos in the purest Mexican style, you already know how to make them. But remember, they are also delicious if you made them in the quickly way
As we mentioned at the beginning, there are an infinite number of variations of Mexican tacos. You can use pork meat or even incorporate other vegetables, beans, rice, etc. You can also make them vegetarian, with sautéed vegetables, or use fish.Remember! At Taqueria de Birra we are experts in tacos and Mexican food since 1989. So if you want to taste tacos in the purest Mexican style, we invite you to order to take away or come and try them at C/ Don Pedro, 11 or at Plaza de las Comendadoras, 2.